Wednesday, February 27, 2013

24 Weeks today! My Twin Pregnancy update

Watch my 24 Week Pregnancy Vlog here!

I wish I had been updating on here sooner but if you wish to see updates until now, I have been uploading almost weekly updates in my YouTube Channel from 6 weeks to date.


How far along? 24 weeks! I didn't know this was a pretty big milestone until yesterday when a friend on Twitter told me that by 24 weeks if the babies come this early their survival rate goes up (I believe around a 40% chance of survival). Obviously I want them to stay in my tum as long as possible but I found that quite reassuring so thanks Nicola!

Total weight gain/measurements: the only time I have been weighed was at my 9 week midwife appointment when I was 63kg, today weighed at doctors for first time and I'm 71kg. Don't know if thats good or bad for twins??

Measurements: I don't know what my waist measurement was pre pregnancy and I am kicking myself for not measuring from the beginning but here is what I have:
17 weeks 5 days: 38.2 inches
20 weeks: 39 inches
21 weeks: 40 inches
24 weeks: 41 inches

Doctor measured my fundal height today and said I am measuring what a mummy with one baby in her tummy would meadure at 35 weeks! No wonder I'm starting to feel uncomfortable!

Maternity clothes: If you watch my YouTube updates you will have heard me mention that I love a bargain. I am a clothesaholic but when it comes to maternity I mainly wanted things I could wear when babies are here or if not then I didn't want to spend much on them. That's why I love eBay! I have bought most of my maternity items from there (except leggings and a few tops and bras and knickers obviously). My most recent purchase from eBay has a pair of tan jeans from Next and a pair of Coral ones. These are so comfy and I think will fit for a while or maybe all through (expanding waist band). I paid around £7 each for them. Also, as we had been trying to have a baby for many years, much of the cloth I owned were baggy/ stretchy anyway always "just incase we got pregnant/IVF worked" so I still have quite a few things I have been able to wear.


Stretch marks: I feel like my belly has popped out so much in the last few days and it does often feel itchy although no stretch marks as yet (hopes haven't spoken too soon!) I have mainly been using the Burt's Bees Mama be oil which smells lemony and amazing! I put it in my bump, boobs and hips. I have nearly run out if this but have other brands on standby. I know they can't really stop stretch marks buts its relaxing and shooting to apply anyway.


Sleep: Hmmmm I'm a bad sleeper at the best of times but for the last few weeks I can't get very comfy. I have a pain at lest hand side of rib cage kind of where bra start is and any way I lay doesn't relieve it. Only relief I can find is in bath with a bath pillow at bra strap level. Would say on average maybe getting 5 hrs a night tho sometimes less. Also, if the babies are moving I like to stay awake to feel them so that parts my own fault!

Best moment this week: The Baby Show with my mum on Saturday was great but without a doubt the best moment was yesterday. Andy has been on holiday from work getting the new house straight (we moved last Thursday and he's been working tirelessly bless him) so he has been off until today. We ordered our babies cots beds on Sunday and Andy told me they weren't arriving until today. Then I was sat at my desk at work yesterday and Andy emailed me a photo "look what I found upstairs". The cots had arrived and he put them out together and placed them in their room! I called him straight away as was tearing up and he said that it was really emotional when he was building them and he was tearing up doing it bless him, he said it felt amazing to be building our babies beds and seeing them in their little room as he never thought he would get to do it. God I love that man so much! Then when I came home we both went and stood in the babies room looking at their cots and I was a blubbing mess! First thing I do every morning is go and look at their little clothes hanging up in their wardrobe and now I can look at their cots too. Can't wait to get the nursery done so I can sit in there of an evening and read to them in my tum!

Miss anything? Nope, would trade anything for this!

Movement: We have been so busy lately with moving house, work and getting ready for our babies that I miss quiet time to just sit and feel for them. I'm grateful for baths and bed when I can just stop and concentrate on them. Sometimes I will get the odd kick when I wake up. I like to think thats our babies saying good morning mummy and daddy! Then sometimes when I'm on the tube I notice some movement too. Often around mid morning at my desk too. Most of the movement I will feel is when I am in the bath so I really look forward to bath times and stay in there for ages! I cant help thinking our babies are little monkies already though. They will be moving lots when I'm in the bath so I will call Andy and as if they know what I'm doing they just stop! The funniest is when Andy comes in and crouches down resting his arms on the bath to sit and wait and Sammy pops up too because he wants to see what's going on bless him. I feel a bit nervous the last couple of days as I worry they haven't been moving as much though I guess they need a rest sometimes too!

Food cravings: Guinness! I really want Guinness! Obviously I won't have any because its alcohol but its torture when Andy is drinking one. Pre pregnancy I am a red wine lover but I would very occasionally fancy a Guinness although right now I could drink one at 6am. It's crazy to think that they used to give you Guinness in hospitals when you were having you babies!

Anything making you queasy or sick? The 24/7 projectile vomiting eased around 16 weeks and led to maybe just a couple of times a week. I haven't been sick for exactly a week now, think that's the longest I have gone for. I do feel nauseous sometimes late at night or after eating a full meal but thankfully not actually been sick.

Gender: Boy and girl!

Labour signs: Nope and I'd like it to stay that way for many weeks yet!

Symptoms: Big tummy
Babies using my bladder as a trampoline
Heartburn
Breathless and dizziness
Tired although not sure I can really pin this on the babies more, minimal sleep, commute and being busy

Belly button in or out? It's been getting more and more shallow as the weeks have gone on and at the moment looks like it could pop out any minute

Wedding rings on or off? Off :0( I could put them on but they are pretty tight since a few days ago and I'm scared incase I would have to get them cut off. Feels horrible not wearing them though.

Happy or moody most of the time: Ecstatically, deliriously and insanely happy. I do get irritable but mainly if the pain in my side is very bad and can't get comfy or tube rage on the London Underground or if something or someone upsets me (thats normal even when not pregnant tho!)

Looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery. Now that we have our cots and decided on the decor I just want to get it done.

I have used the questions from Samantha Schuerman when she was doing her pregnancy updates and also from Anna over at The Style Diet. Thanks ladies, I always enjoyed reading your updates!

Thank you for reading

Chele
xx

6 comments:

  1. I have been watching your videos all evening and I can completely relate...except for the pregnancy part. I am currently in my TWW after an FET! I lost my first pregnancy but hope to have a great pregnancy like you this time around. Thanks for the blog and videos. It's reassuring when you know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chele! Has it always been your dream to conceive twins? I would love to have my own twins, but my chances are really slim. On another light, you should be getting ready by now. Keep hydrated, do kegels, and take a lot of rest. Delivering twins is a completely different endeavor than delivering a single baby, but it sure pays off the hard work twice as well. By the way, what procedure would you opt for the delivery? -->Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After 6 years, 3 IVF cycles and 1 miscarriage we would have been happy for any number of baby
      It's so we are truly blessed to have 1 of each on the way. I am a twin myself so have a lot of invaluable information from my mum who carried, birthed and raised us. I hope that I can have a vaginal delivery but I am trying to some to terms with the fact that dependant on position of the present baby this is not always possible
      X

      Delete
  3. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Irumole); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all i want to say congratulations for twins! You look really cute! You are just ALL belly! I feel for you - I am 34 weeks with our twins, measuring 42.
    Surrogacy in India

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Tummy do really lovely pregnancy tops and breastfeeding clothing- all the products are made in Europe with unique designs that have delicate zippers and are free of harmful substances that can cause allergies. The pregnancy tops and bottoms also go up to size XXL for ladies with very big bumps! And the clothing comfortably grows as you grow so you don't have to worry about garments not fitting in a month or two.

    ReplyDelete