Sunday, March 10, 2013

A bit of a late 25 weeks Twin Pregnancy Update


Watch my 25 Week Pregnancy Vlog here!

I wish I had been updating on here sooner but if you wish to see updates prior to 24 weeks I have been uploading almost weekly updates in my YouTube Channel from 6 weeks to date.

How far along? 25 weeks! (As at Wednesday 6th March)

24 WEEKS 6 DAYS
Total weight gain/measurements: I don't have any scales at home so haven't weighed myself since my last update but when I do I will be sure to update on here.

Measurements: I don't know what my waist measurement was pre pregnancy and I am kicking myself for not measuring from the beginning but here is what I have:
17 weeks 5 days: 38.2 inches
20 weeks: 39 inches
21 weeks: 40 inches
24 weeks: 41 inches
25 weeks: 41.5 inches




Maternity clothes: No eBay bargains since the Next jeans but I bought 2 nice midi dresses from Primark for £10 each (one in pic above) in size 12 that I'm hoping I can wear for a bit now and then wear when babies are here.

Stretch marks: Not yet! I ran out of my Mama Bee oil last week so I have been using up some Bio Oil I had left and slathering on the Burt's Bee's Tummy butter too. I feel I have "popped" so much over last couple of weeks that surely the stretch marks are imminent!

Sleep: My sleeping is not too great at the moment, this morning (Sunday I couldn't drop off until around 5:30am. The lack of seep if fueling my addiction to playing Candy Crush in those twighlight hours.

OUR SHY GIRL IS THE TOP PIC
Best moment this week: It has to be our 4D scan! We had this scan at 24 weeks and 3 days and it was unreal! We were so amazed to see our little blue and pinks faces. Our boy was being very well behaved and really posing for the camera. He wasn't even shy showing us in great detail just what his daddy gave him!! He was being very cooperative so we managed to get some great footage and pictures on him. It was really funny when I was looking at the screen and our boy had his chin resting on his had, I looked over at Andy to say awww (for the millionth time) and Daddy was in exactly the same position! You can see this in the bottom picture. 
BEING SILLY IN SCAN ROOM
Now our girl on the other had must be very camera shy! She was not in a very good position to enable the sonographer to get a good picture so currently we only have one not very good one of the little pink one. The lady was so patient bless her, sending me out twice to have a walk and something sweet to drink, getting me to shake my hips. she left the room at one point for a few minutes at which point I was doing star jumps and dancing with my belly hanging out! (Andy had video footage on this, if I feel silly enough I may upload it.) 
This actually turned out well as it means we get to go back next week to try again. They will try to take better pictures of our girl and also get some video footage. I like to think little pink was very cunning and did this on purpose so mummy and daddy could see them again sooner.

Miss anything? Nope, we would trade anything for this!

Movement: lots of movement still. Especially in the evening in the bath and when I get into bed. I also feel them often during the day too now while I'm sitting at my desk! 

Food cravings: All day today (Weds 6th March) I have been going crazy craving a rich, deep, full bodied red wine. I loved my red wine before IVF cycle/pregnancy etc and today it's all I can think about. I have drank plenty of other, obviously non alcoholic, drinks today but nothing is cutting it. I just want that Chateau Neuf! Andy said "do you want me to have a glass so you can at least smell it?". Erm no as I will likely knock you out and steal it! 

Anything making you queasy or sick? My dizziness is making me feel a bit queasy but I'm fine with food etc.

Gender: Boy and girl!

Labour signs: Nope and I'd like it to stay that way for many weeks yet!

Symptoms: 
Big tummy
Babies using my bladder as a trampoline
Heartburn
Much much more Breathless and dizziness
Tired although not sure I can really pin this on the babies more, minimal sleep, commute and being busy

Belly button in or out? It's still getting more and more shallow as the weeks have gone on and at the moment looks like it could pop out any minute

Wedding rings on or off? Off :0( I did put them on on Tuesday but struggled to get them off so not sure I should risk it again.

Happy or moody most of the time: Ecstatically, deliriously and insanely happy. Bit irritable today with the red wine craving and because I'm trying to upload my blog and having major issues with the app (hence why you won't read this until tomorrow). 

Looking forward to: 4d scan part deux and getting on with painting and decorating the nursery. I have a real vision of what I want it to be like and I'm excited to see it coming together. The carpet was laid last Wednesday so that's made me even more excited. Also we love buying bargain furniture and refurbing or shabby chic'ing it. We were struggling to find a forward facing changing table for the nursery to fit in the space we had and could only find a pretty expensive one that we quite liked. Just about to place the order for it I said to Andy that I would just check on eBay one last time. We found a bargain , exactly the size we needed and forward facing for £40!!!! nearly £200 cheaper than the only other option we could find! Andy collected it yesterday morning and spent yesterday and this morning sanding it ready to prime and paint. He wanted to get it done today but he has been doing it in the garage (Man Cave) and its too cold for the paint to dry right now so may have to wait till it looks like it will get a but warmer on friday. I love it when you get bargains and make them your own, theres something special about it to me. We have quite a few things we have done this with in our house. Once thats done and hopefully nursery painted next weekend I will be so excited to wash and organise all the babies bits!

I have mostly used the questions from Samantha Schuerman when she was doing her pregnancy updates and also from Anna over at The Style Diet. Thanks ladies, I always enjoyed reading your updates!

Thank you so much for reading

Love
Chele

No comments:

Post a Comment